Hannon Library offers 30 laptop computers for checkout. They have wireless internet and Microsoft Office software. These laptops are for use only within the library. Users must show current SOU ID, a second photo ID and sign a Laptop Computer Borrowing Agreement* to check out a laptop. The following policies govern the use of the laptops, please read them carefully.      
These laptops do not have access to FTP, printers, or other network software. Data can be saved to a floppy disk or emailed.
Checkout and Use Policies
- Only current SOU students, faculty and staff with a valid SOU ID card and a second form of photo ID may check out a laptop.
- Laptops are for use only within the Hannon Library.
- Laptop checkout is available on a first-come, first-serve basis until one hour before closing; laptops cannot be reserved.
- The checkout period is 2 hours and laptops may be renewed for another 2 hours unless others are waiting.
- DO NOT leave the laptop on the Circulation Services counter or place in the drop box.
- Laptop use is a privilege that can be revoked if the service is abused.
- The borrower will report any equipment problems immediately to the Circulation Services staff.
- Do not save data on the hard drive. Anything saved on the hard drive will be lost. The library is not responsible for any loss or damage to user files.
- Do not leave a laptop unattended! You are responsible for any damage or loss while it is checked out to you.
- Return the laptop directly Circulation Services staff at least fifteen
minutes before closing.
Users are required to adhere to SOU Campus and Hannon Library Information Technology Center Acceptable Use policies.
- A handout is available at Circulation Services and as an Adobe Acrobat file with usage hints* and a map showing recommended places to use electrical outlets.
- The overdue charge for a laptop is $5.00 for the first hour overdue and $2.00 for each succeeding hour, up to $200.00 per use. There is no grace period.
- The borrower will be charged the replacement cost of the item, the amount of fine incurred up to the time the laptop is reported missing or damaged and an additional $25 processing fee.
Please forward any suggestions about the laptops to the ITC Manager.
* These files require Adobe Reader software for viewing. Paper copies are available at Circulation Services.