he Technical Services Department develops and maintains the Library's collections, determines policy, and acquires and catalogs materials and resources that support the teaching and research needs of Southern Oregon University.
Technical Services consists of Collection Development, Acquisitions, Cataloging and Serials units, which are located on the second floor of the Library. Staff are available during regular business hours, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Departmental phone number: 552-6837.
Technical Service Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Hannon Library Technical Services Department is to support the overall mission of the Library, with particular attention to the following objectives:
- To oversee the selection and acquisition of Library materials in all formats. To spend, manage, and account for the Library's materials budget.
- To promote and facilitate patron access to Library materials through the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of RogueLinx, the Library's online database of bibliographic records, order records, authority records, and other information.
- To promote and facilitate access to the Library's periodicals through: bibliographic, checkin, and holdings data in RogueLinx; public service assistance to users; and maintenance of the shelving of volumes in the periodicals area.
- To oversee the physical processing and maintenance of Library materials so that they are in good physical condition.
- To provide leadership in the organization and analysis of the Library's collections and in the development and implementation of the Library's objectives in bibliographic control.
Direct inquiries about this page to Kate Cleland-Sipfle, firstname.lastname@example.org.