If SOU Hannon Library does not have the item available for you the check out, you may be able to request it through the Summit resource sharing service. The Summit resource sharing catalog is the combined online catalog of 37 institutions in the Pacific Northwest including Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. You can request books and audio-visual items directly from the Hannon Library catalog when your search scope is set to Hannon Library + Summit. Items arrive without charge, usually within 5-7 working days!
If you need articles or book chapters, you must make these requests through the Interlibrary Loan resource sharing service.
- Click here to go to the Hannon Library Catalog.
- Change the Search Scope to Hannon Library + Summit
- Search for the title of your item.
- If your title search shows up, and if there is a yellow dot with "Check Holdings", click on the "Get It" tab.
- If your title search shows up with a green dot and "Available at Hannon Library..." you will not be able to request it through Summit.
- Click on the "Summit - Request Item" link.
- Select your preferred Pickup/delivery location from the drop-down menu (Hannon Library or Medford RCC).
- If you need to pick up at the RCC Table Rock Campus, or RCC Grants Pass Campus, indicate this in the Comment field.
- Click the REQUEST button.
- You should see a message that says your request was successful.
- If you receive a cancellation notice, you will need to request the item through Interlibrary Loan.
Items will be delivered to the Pickup/Delivery location specified in your request. Summit requests generally arrive within 5-7 business days.
You will be notified by email when your Summit item arrives. To see the status of your Summit requests, check Your Account online, phone SOU Circulation Services at 541-552-6860, stop by the Circulation desk in person, or email us at email@example.com.
All materials available at Summit libraries must be requested in this way, not through Interlibrary Loan.
Summit books may be borrowed for 6 weeks; no renewals are allowed.
Audio-Visual and other media items may be borrowed for 6 days; no renewals are allowed.
Items will be held for 7 working days, then returned to the lending library if not picked up.
Return the item/s to the Hannon Library or an RCC Campus library no later than the due date found on the front of the item.
If you have questions, you may call Circulation Services at 541-552-6860, stop by the Circulation desk in person, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overdue Fine and Lost Book Charges
Summit overdue fines are $0.50 per day, maximum $20.00. Items are billed for replacement after 40 days overdue. Replacement costs are $90.00 per item. Replacement charges are canceled if the item is returned before it is replaced. Maximum overdue charges will be applied.
Unfilled or Cancelled Requests
Your Summit borrowing request will be denied if the requested item is "available" in the Hannon Library Catalog, or if you are not currently registered with/or employed by SOU. If the item you requested cannot be located at a lending library, you will be notified. Unfilled requests may be ordered through the Hannon Library's Interlibrary Loan service.