Summit is the combined online catalog of Oregon, Washington, and Idaho academic libraries. Make requests for books and audiovisiuals directly in the catalog. Items arrive without charge, usually within 5 working days! (Aritcles cannot be requested through Summit; use Interlibrary Loan)
- Find an item in the Summit Catalog.
- If it's not available at SOU (i.e. there's a yellow dot and it says "Check Holdings," click on the "Get It" tab.
- Click on the Summit - Request Item link.
- Click the REQUEST SUMMIT ITEM button.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Southern Oregon University" as the name of your library from the list; Click CONTINUE
- To connect to Summit, login with your campus network (MySOU) login and password.
- Click the LOGIN button
- Select your Pickup Location from the drop-down menu. (Choose SOU Circulation, Medford, Grants Pass, or Table Rock)
- Click the CONTINUE button
- You should see a message that says your request was successful. If not, contact Hannon Library Circulation at 541-552-6860.
Items will be delivered to the SOU Circulation Desk, usually within 5 working days. If you selected one of the RCC Campuses as your Pickup Location, your material will be delivered there.
You will be notified by email when your Summit item arrives. To see the status of your Summit requests, check Your Account online, phone SOU Circulation Services at 541-552-6860, or stop by the Circulation desk.
All materials available at Summit libraries must be requested in this way, not through Interlibrary Loan.
Summit books may be borrowed for 6 weeks; no renewals are allowed. Videos may be borrowed for 6 days; no renewals are allowed. If you have questions, you may call Circulation Services at 541-552-6860, or stop by the Hannon Library Circulation desk.
Item/s will be held 7 working days, then returned to the lending library if not picked up.
Return the item/s to the Hannon Library or an RCC Campus library no later than the due date found on the front of the item.
Overdue Fine and Lost Book Charges
All Summit borrowers (SOU students, faculty, and staff) will be charged
$0.50 per day per item for the first 10 days, and $1 per day thereafter (maximum $20 fine).
If a Summit item is not returned within 30 days after the due date, you
will be billed:
Replacement cost: $75 per item*, Processing fee: $15 per item, Overdue fine: $20 per item.
*The replacement charge will be canceled if the item is returned before it is replaced, but the borrower will be responsible for the processing fee and overdue fine ($35 per item).
Your Summit borrowing request will be denied if the requested item is "available" in the Hannon Library Catalog, or if you are not currently registered with / or employed by SOU. If the item you requested cannot be located at a lending library, you will be notified. Unfilled requests may be ordered through the Hannon Library's Interlibrary Loan service.