We at Hannon Library want to make sure you have the maximum amount of time for library items, while minimizing overdue fines, and ensuring equitable access for other users. Please return library items on time.
Know Before You Borrow
- A photo ID is required to check out or pick up library items.
- Different types of items circulate differently depending on what the item is, and what your library user status is.
- All users who have borrowing privileges have access to manage your library account online.
- All items are associated with overdue fines if not returned on time, and mending or replacement costs are associated with damaged or lost items.
- Notifications associated with borrowed items are sent via email. If you do not use or have access to email, you are still responsible for returning library items on time.
- Loan Receipt: Upon checkout
- Due Date Change: Recalled items. Items eligible for automatic renewals will not generate a due date change notice.
- Courtesy: 3 days before the item is due. Not applicable for hourly or other short term loans.
- Item Due Today: The day the item is due.
- Long Overdue: When general circulating items are 5 days overdue. Hourly and other short term loans when 3 days overdue.
- Long Overdue 2: When general circulating items are 15 days overdue.
- Lost Item Bill: 30 days after item has gone overdue. Item will be billed for replacement to include the market cost of the item, a non-refundable $15.00 billing service fee, and a $15.00 binding fee (if applicable).
- SOU Owned Books: $.50/day, per item.
- SOU Owned Audio-Visual: $1.00/day per item.
- SOU Library Use Only Items: $2.00/day, per item.
- Summit & ILL borrowed Books: $2.00/day, per item.
- Summit & ILL borrowed Audio-Visual: $2.00/day, per item
- Hourly loans: $3.00/hour, per item
- Short loans: $2.00/day, per item.
- Recalled items: $2.00/day per item.
- Replacement costs: varies and determined at the time of billing.
- Damaged items: varies and determined at time of assessment.
- Billing service charge: $15.00, non-refundable.
Summit Borrowing Policies
- There is no limit to the number of Summit requests; however, please do not request more items than you can use in the loan period.
- Items my be picked up and returned at Hannon Library, or Rogue Community College. Please be sure to pick up the items you request after you receive a pick up notice.
- If you no longer need a requested item, you may cancel the request by logging into your library account, or contacting the Circulation Desk..
- Summit book/AV arrival time = 2-5 days
- Summit book loan period = 6 weeks; no renewals
- Summit book hold shelf period = 6 days; no extensions
- Summit A/V loan period = 6 days; no renewals
- Summit A/V hold shelf period = 3 days, no extensions
- Overdue fines are $.50 per day, per item, maximum $20.00.
- Items are billed for replacement after 30 days overdue.
- Replacement cost for lost or damaged items = $90.00; Non-refundable if billed for replacement and returned after the end of the fiscal year (6/30/20xx).
- If you need a Summit item longer than the allotted loan period, return the item on time and place a new request. You are able to track the progress of your requests and loans by logging into your library account.
ILL Borrowing Policies
- Undergraduate students are limited to 5 articles per term. Additional article requests will be referred to a Reference Librarian for approval, or to assist you to find alternate sources.
- There is no limit to the number of ILL book requests; however, please do not request more items than you can use in the loan period.
- Items my be picked up and returned at Hannon Library.
- If you no longer need a requested item, you may cancel the request by logging into your ILL account, or contacting the Resource Sharing & Fulfillment Services unit.
- Articles and book chapters are sent electronically via email with information for how to access it, or view it from your ILL account.
- ILL book arrival time = 3 days to 3 weeks depending on where is is coming from.
- ILL article arrival time = 1-3 days, depending on other library holdings.
- Loan periods vary - due dates are set by lending libraries but we will do the best we can to get you the maximum loan period possible; no renewals
- ILL hold shelf period = 6 days, no extensions
- Overdue fines are $2.00 per day, per item, maximum $30.00.
- Items are billed for replacement after 30 days overdue. Replacement costs are determined by the lending library.
- Items that have been billed for replacement will be credited the cost of replacement, but will be assessed a non-refundable billing service charge of $15.00.
- If you need an ILL item longer than the allotted loan period, return the item on time and place a new request. You are able to track the progress of your requests and loans by logging into your ILL account.