Publications, Presentations and Awards:
- "The Southern Oregon Digital Archives: Unique Opportunity and Continuing
Challenge," Oregon Library Association Quarterly, vol.
12, no. 1 (Spring, 2006), 16-18.
- Federal Depository Library Program Handbook, Chapter 11, "Partnerships." (part of a collaborative team) U.S. Government Printing Office, 2006.
- "A Digital Library to Serve a Region: the Bioregion and First Nations Collections of the Southern Oregon Digital Archives," Reference & User Services Quarterly, vol. 44, no.2 (Winter, 2005), 116-121.
- "Documents to the ... Freshmen!" DTTP: Documents to the People, vol. 32 (Winter, 2004), 15-17.
- Awarded Federal Depository Library of the Year, 2004 -- U.S. Government Printing Office
- "Creating the Southern Oregon Digital Archives," presentation
for the Oregon Heritage Conference, April, 2004.
- "The Paper Trail Through a Bioregion: the Southern Oregon Digital Archives," presentation for the Federal Depository Library Program, Washington, D.C., October 20, 2003
- "Good Enough for Government Work: Digitization of Government Information," presentation for the Canadian/American Library Association Conference, Toronto, Canada, June 20, 2003
- "Digitizing the Northwest: Cooperative Digital Projects in Oregon," presentation for Oregon Library Association Academic Division, OLA Conference, April 15, 2003
- "The Southern Oregon Digital Archives," presentation for the State of Jefferson Annual Meeting, April, 2003
- "The Southern Oregon Digital Archives," presentation for the Native American Ecology Education Symposium, February 21, 2003.
- "The Southern Oregon Digital Archives," presentation for the Native Plant Society, January 16, 2003
- "ORDOCS in Libraries-Innovative uses of Oregon Government Information: The Southern Oregon Digital Archives," paper presented October 19, 2001 Oregon State Documents Depository Conference
- 1985-2003 regular annual reviewer for "State Publications," (Oregon section) Journal of Government Information (Nov./Dec issue)
- "Government Publications, Southern Oregon University Library" (Website continually updated)
- "Building a Virtual Depository Using Internet Sources of Information," OLA/WLA (Oregon and Washington Library Associations) Conference 1997. Presentation April 25, 1997.
- "Answers on the Disc: General Encyclopedias on CD-ROM (with Jim Rible) CD-ROM Professional (July, 1991), 54-61.
- "Training School Librarians in the Use of U.S. Federal Documents," Documents to the People, vol. 17 (March, 1989), 24-26.
- Government Publications for the School Library Media Center (28 min. videotape, Deborah Hollens, writer, producer, host and assistant editor) New York: Benchmark Films, 1988.
- "An Oregon Dozen: Best State Documents of 1987, " Pacific Northwest Library Association Quarterly, vol. 53 (Winter, 1989), 12-15.
Other Professional Activities:
- "Southern Oregon University Library Self-Study in Preparation for Department Review" (April, 2000) with Teresa Montgomery and Jim Rible
- "SOU Library Building Program Plan" (Summer, 1998) with Sue Burkholder
- Exhibits Librarian for 1997 Southern Oregon University accreditation visit by the Northwest Association of Colleges and Universities. Planned and organized all campus exhibits for reviewers.
- (Post masters course work in English, University of Oregon, 1977)
- M.A. General Studies:Humanities (English), Southern Oregon University, 1976
- M.S.L.S. (Library Science) University of Southern California, 1971
- B.A. (English) California State University at Northridge, 1970
INSIDE THE LIBRARY: FOCUS ON DEB HOLLENS
from Bookmarks, Newsletter of the University Library (Spring, 2001)
by Lisa McNeil