|Title:||Reference Services Coordinator
DEMOGRAPHICS & CONSUMER BEHAVIOR
ARTICLES - Journal, magazine and newspaper.
and Company Resource Center
Provides business, company, and industry content in the following areas: Periodical articles, news articles, and press releases; detailed information for domestic and international companies and associations, including information on corporate hierarchical structures; company financials and earning estimates; investment reports; corporate chronologies and company histories; brands and product information; industry and company rankings; market share data; industry overviews and HR Law Case Digests.
Provides full text for more than 2,300 business journals of which 1,100 are peer-reviewed. Coverage includes virtually all subject areas related to business. Additional full text, non-journal content includes market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles and SWOT analyses. This database provides full text (PDF) for more than 350 of the top scholarly journals dating as far back as 1922. Updated daily.
- JSTOR: Electronic Journal Archive
A fully searchable electronic database that contains the scanned images of over 100 major research journals in a variety of academic disciplines including business and economics, some of which began publication as early as the 1870s
LexisNexis covers a wide range of news, but specializes in business and legal information. It contains the full text of articles.
Full text of the Eastern Edition from Jan. 2, 1984 to the present.
This section includes information such as corporate density within a given geographic area, number of stores of a given company within a given geographic area, company size, and employee related statistics.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
U.S. Labor Department - includes statistics and reports on labor related topics, such as business cost, salary and wages, employee benefits, and occupational outlook and projections.
- Business and Industry
Business economic statistics by geography, sector, and frequency.
Quest Yellow Pages which are sortable by industry categories.
- Economic Census
U.S. Bureau of the Census - profiles American business every 5 years, from the national to the local level.
- Site Selection
Site Selection offers querying tools and provides a host of demographic and economic data of U.S. counties and cities. No mapping tools are available.
- Super Yellow Pages
Useful for screening small businesses.
- U.S. County Business Patterns
U.S. Census Bureau - an annual series that provides subnational economic data by industry.
- American Factfinder
Maintained by the U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder is the source for population, housing, economic and geographic data from Census 2000.
- U.S. Census Bureau
Demographic characteristics, total population, and social and economic census data for the U.S. and international locations. Useful in determining market size.
To generate data by subject, ethnic groups, or geographical locations use the Data Sets.
- Demographic and Social Statistics
Compiled by the United Nations, includes demographic characteristics of countries.
- International Data Base (IDB)
A U.S. Census Bureau site containing statistical tables of demographic, and socio-economic data for 227 countries and areas of the world.
- International Statistical Agencies
A U.S. Census Bureau site which includes lists of statistical agencies from different countries for local demographics.
- World Development Indicators
Country demographic information at the national level.
CONSUMER LIFESTYLES & BUYING POWER
- American Generations: Who They Are, How They Live, What They Think (REF HC 110 .C6 M545 2003)
- American Incomes: Demographics of Who Has Money (REF HC 110 .I5 R447 2007)
- American Marketplace: Demographics and Spending Patterns (REF HA 203 .A635 2007)
- American Men and Women: Demographics of the Sexes (REF HB 1755 .A3 A44x 2000)
America's Top-Rated Cities
- Central Region (REF HT 123.5 .A14 A44 2009)
- Eastern Region (REF HT 123.5 .A13 A44 2009)
- Southern Region (REF HT 123.5 .S6 A44 2009)
- Western Region (REF HT 123.5 .A17 A44 2009)
- The Baby Boom: Americans Born 1946 to 1964 (REF HN 60 .R84 2006)
Best Customers: Demographics of Consumer Demand (REF HC 79 .C6 R87 2006)
- Comparative Guide to American Suburbs (REF HA 214 .C66 2001)
- Demographics of the U.S. (REF HB 849.49 .R875 2000)
Editor and Publisher Market Guide (REF HF 5905 .E38 2006)
- Encyclopedia of American Industries
Brief descriptions on a wide variety of industries. Includes information on an industry's background and development, and descriptions of industry leaders.
- Encyclopedia of Emerging Industries (
REF HD 2324 .E528)
Details the inception, emergence, and current status of 108 newly flourishing U.S. industries and industry segments.
- Generation X: Americans Born 1965 to 1976 (REF HC 110 .C6 M544 2006)
- Household Spending (REF HC 110 .C6 O34 2006)
IBISWorld includes detailed industry marketing research. There are over 700 reports, written at the 5-digit level of NAICS: North American Industry Classification System. Updated regularly.
- Market Share Reporter (
REF HF 5410 .M35)
Includes 3,600 entries covering corporate, brand, product, service and commodities for domestic and international market shares.
Moving and Relocation Directory (REF HT 334 .U58 M5 2007-08)
Rand McNally Commercial Atlas & Marketing Guide (Atlas Stand G 1019 .R22 2007)
- Sourcebook of Zip Code Demographics (REF HA 203 .S66 2003)
- Statistical Handbook on Racial Groups in the United States (REF E
184 .A1 H417 2000)
ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Association for Consumer Research (ACR)
Provides free access to newsletter, papers, and presentations from conferences, and ACR-Listserv.
Encyclopedia of Associations (REF DESK AS22 .E5 2010)