University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.A., Library and Information Studies, 2008
- Ph.D., Political Science, 2003
- M.A., Political Science, 1995
University of California-Berkeley
- B.A., Political Science, 1991
- Academic librarianship
- International relations and international political economy
- Diplomatic history and U.S. foreign policy
- American legal history
Publications and Presentations
- “Academic Libraries: ‘Social’ or ‘Communal?’ The Nature and Future of Academic Libraries.” The Journal of Academic Librarianship (January 2008): 1-7.
- “Extraterritoriality, American Style.” Paper presented at the 38th Annual International Studies Association Conference (March 1997).
- “From Personalism to Territoriality: State Authority and Foreign Policy in Medieval and Modern Europe.” Paper presented at the 37th Annual International Studies Association Conference (April 1996).
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- ibrary Leadership & Management Association
Regional and Campus Committees
- Orbis-Cascade Alliance Council Member
- SOU Directors Council Member
- Co-Chair Southern Oregon Arts and Research Conference