- Collection Development & Social Sciences Librarian
Subject Liaison Responsibilities
- University Seminar
- Native American Studies
- PSU Social Work Program
Other Library Responsibilities
- Editor of BookMarks, the Newsletter of Hannon Library
- Coordination of Acquisitions and Periodicals
- Oversight of Special Collections/University Archives
- Library Donor Relations and Marketing
- Liaison to Friends of Hannon Library
- University Curriculum Committee
- Library Collection Development Team, Chair
- Library Electronic Resources Team
- Library Periodicals Review Team, Chair
- Library Public Relations Team, Chair
- Jackson County READS Planning Team
- Orbis Cascade Collection Development & Management Committee
Selected Recent Scholarly Activity:
- Review: Encyclopedia of Native Tribes of North America by Michael Johnson. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. April 2008.
- Review: Mesquaki History. (CD-ROM) State Historical Society of Iowa. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. February, 2007, p. 1043.
- Review: American Indian History Online. Facts on File. (Internet Resource) Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. January, 2007, p. 806
- Review: Chief George Manuel Memorial Library and the Fourth World Documentation Archive, Center for World Indigenous Studies. (Internet Resource). Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. September, 2006, p. 170.
- Review: A Seat at the Table: Huston Smith in Conversation with Native Americans on Religious Freedom, by Huston Smith, edited by Phil Cousineau with Gary Rhine. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. May, 2006, pg. 1620.
Review: “Native American Issues: A Reference Handbook, by William N. Thompson.” Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. March, 2006, pg. 1208.
Review: “Peoples, Nations, and Cultures: An A-Z of the Peoples of the World, Past and Present, ed. by John M. MacKenzie. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. October, 2005, pg. 273.
“Mourning and Burial Practices.” 5,000 word essay in volume 2 of American Indian Religious Traditions: An Encyclopedia. Ed. by Suzanne J. Crawford and Dennis F. Kelley. ABC-CLIO, 2005. v. 2, pg. 573-584.
“A Digital Library to Serve a Region: The Bioregion and First Nations Collections of the Southern Oregon Digital Archives.” (with D. Hollens) Reference and User Services Quarterly. 44:2, Winter 2004, pg. 116-121.
“Big Times/Little Times.” (Subsection on the First Nations Collection in SODA) News from Native California. 18:1, Fall 2004, pg. 42-43.
Review: “The Pawnee Nation: An Annotated Bibliography.” Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. 42:3, November 2004, pg. 460-462.
Review: Native American Documents Project.” (Internet site: http://www.csusm.edu/nadp/) Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. 41:10, June 2004, pg. 1946.
“Southern Oregon Digital Archives: Preserving a Unique Bioregion and its Ethnohistory. College and Research Library News. 65:4, April 2004, pg. 193.
Review: Indian Placenames in America; v. 1; Cities, Towns, and Villages, by Sandy Nestor. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. 41:6, February 2004, pg. 1062.
Review: Kappler Revisited: An Index and Bibliographic Guide to American Indian Treaties, by Charles D. Bernholz. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. 41:5, January 2004, pg. 886.
Review: “Indian People of the Northern Great Plains.” (Internet site: http://libmuse.msu.montana.edu/ epubs/nadb/) Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries 41:2, October 2003, pg. 402.
Review: Native Americans, by Donald A. Grinde (Ed.). Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. 40:8, April 2003, pg., 1348.
“Southern Oregon Digital Archives Established.” Easy Access: Newsletter of the Northwest Archivists. 29:3, March 2003, pg. 12.
Review: American Indian history, ed. by Carole A. Barrett. Salem Press, 2003. Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. 40:7, March 2003, pg. 1164.
Review: “The World Wide Web virtual library: Indigenous studies.” (Internet site: http://www.cwis.org/wwwvl/indig-vl.html) Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. 40:5, January 2003, pg. 878-879.
Review: Johnson, Troy. R. Distinguished Native American Spiritual Practitioners and Healers. (Oryx, 2002) Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. December 2002.
"Mourning and Burial Practices" (Pan-Indian). American Indian Religious Traditions: An Encyclopedia (3 volumes). ABC-CLIO, 2003 (forthcoming 2003, 5,000 word article submitted and accepted for publication 8/2002)
Review: Champagne, Duane and Jay Strauss. Native American Studies in Higher Education: Models for Collaboration between Universities and Indigenous Nations. (Altamira, 2002) Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. October 2002.
Review: Lennon, Rachal Mills. Tracing Ancestors Among the Five Civilized Tribes: Southeastern Indians Prior to Removal. (Genealogical Publishing, 2002.) Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries. July 2002.
"Integrating Information Literacy Skills into the Curriculum." RSR: Reference Services Review, Fall/Winter 1998.
Review: "Fourth World Documentation Project (FWDP)." College and Research Library News. 58:4, April, 1997. pg. 278.
"Women's Work: Gender Roles in Lakota Society," paper presented at the Annual Conference of the American Society for Ethnohistory, Kalamazoo, MI, November 5, 1995.
"Internet Reviews: National Indian Policy Center." College and Research Library News, 55(8), September 1994, pp. 510-511.
Beyond the F1 Key: Thinking and Teaching the Internet within the Curriculum," Paper presented at the Joint Program of the College Library Section/Bibliographic Instruction Section of the American Library Association, ALA Annual Conference, June 1994.
"The Lakota Giveaway and the Social, Economic, and Ritual Empowerment of Lakota Women." Paper presented at the American Society for Ethnohistory Annual Conference, November 1993, Bloomington, Illinois.
- ABD, Anthropology, Rutgers University, 1992
- Graduate Certificate in North American Indian Studies, Rutgers University, 1992
- M.A., Anthropology, Rutgers University, 1991
- M.L.S., Rutgers University School of Communication, Information and Library Studies, 1989
- B.A., Douglass College, Anthropology Major, 1977