Citing Print & Electronic Resources
MLA: Modern Language Association of America (7th Edition)
- MLA Citation Style - Citation Fox from the University of Albany
- MLA Documentation Style - The Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- MLA Formating and Style Guide - from the Online Writing Lab at Purdue
- MLA Style (Univ. of Illinois Urbana-Champaign) - closely follows the official MLA style manual in print--fairly descriptive as well as providing examples. For WWW sources it links to a FAQ page on MLA's official site.
- MLA Style Guide: Print and Online - from Kingwood College Library Online
- MLA Style (Diana Hacker) - for typical examples of print, media and internet sources.
- MLA In-Text Parenthetical Citations (Duke University Libraries) - guidelines for using parenthetical citations to document sources in MLA format.
- In-Text Citations: The Basics (MLA) - Guide to using parenthetical citations in MLA format.
APA: American Psychological Association (6th Edition)
- APA Citation Style - Citation Fox from the University of Albany
- APA Documentation Style - The Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- APA Formating and Style Guide - The Online Writing Lab at Purdue
- Electronic Reference Formats Recommended by the American Psychological Association - from APA's style guide web site.
- APA In-Text Parenthetical Citations (Duke University Libraries) - guidelines for using parenthetical citations to document sources in APA format.
- In-Text Citations: The Basics (APA) - Guide to using parenthetical citations in APA format.
- Documentation Guide - Turabian (Concordia University Libraries)
- Chicago Manual of Style - The Online Writing Lab at Purdue
- The Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Chicago/Turabian Style Guide
ASA: American Sociological Association
- ASA Style (PDF file only)(E.H. Butler Library, Buffalo State) - a thorough presentation of ASA style. Good descriptions and examples.
- Guidelines for Acknowledging Sources: ASA CITATION STYLE (Grinnell College Sociology Department) - a different approach in presenting examples and explanation of ASA style.
Other Style Guides to Citing Resources
- AAA (American Anthropological Association) Style Guide
- ACS (American Chemical Society) Style Sheet
- Citation Machine - The Landmark Project - copy and paste the information from your citation, and the citation machine will format the data into the correct citation in both APA and MLA.
- Citation Styles
- Council of Science Editors Style
- CSE Citation Style
- DocsSite - Form for APA and MLA
- Knight Cite APA - formats citation information into APA format.
- Knight Cite MLA - formats citation information into MLA format.
- Linguistics: Journal of the Linguistic Society of America
- Linguistic Society of America - Publications Syle Sheet
- Uncle Sam - Brief Guide to Citing Government Publications
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation