Citing Print & Electronic Resources
MLA: Modern Language Association of America (8th and 7th Edition)
- MLA Formating and Style Guide - 8th edition from the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue
- What's New in the 8th Edition - from the Modern Language Association
- MLA Style, 8th Edition (Williams Colleges Library) - closely follows the official MLA style manual with examples of commonly cited sources.
- MLA Citation Style 7th Edition- Citation Fox from the University of Albany
- MLA Documentation Style 7th Edition - from the Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- In-Text Citations: The Basics (MLA 8th Edition) - Guide to using parenthetical citations in MLA format from the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue.
- MLA In-Text Parenthetical Citations (MLA 8th Edition) (Williams Colleges Library) - guidelines for using parenthetical citations to document sources in MLA format.
- MLA Sample Paper (8th Edition) - MLA Sample Paper from the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue
APA: American Psychological Association (6th Edition)
- APA Citation Style - Citation Fox from the University of Albany
- APA Documentation Style - from the Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- APA Formating and Style Guide - from the Online Writing Lab at Purdue
- Basics of APA Style from American Psychological Association - from APA's style guide web site--everything from references and in-text citations to formatting the paper.
- Writing In-Text Citation in APA Style - Guide for using parenthetical citations or author-date system to document sources in APA format.
- In-Text Citations: The Basics (APA) - Guide to using parenthetical citations in APA format.
- How to Cite Direct Quotations In-Text - Guide to citing a direct quote in APA style in-text with some examples.
- APA Sample Paper - APA Sample Paper from the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue
- Documentation Guide - Turabian (Concordia University Libraries)
- Chicago Manual of Style - The Online Writing Lab at Purdue
- The Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Chicago/Turabian Style Guide
ASA: American Sociological Association
- ASA Style (PDF file only)(E.H. Butler Library, Buffalo State) - a thorough presentation of ASA style. Good descriptions and examples.
- Guidelines for Acknowledging Sources: ASA CITATION STYLE (Grinnell College Sociology Department) - a different approach in presenting examples and explanation of ASA style.
Other Style Guides to Citing Resources
- AAA (American Anthropological Association) Style Guide
- AAA (American Anthropological Association) Style Guide - Download the AAA style guide
- ACS (American Chemical Society) Style Sheet
- ACS (American Chemical Society) Style Guide (Williams College Libraries)
- Citation Machine - The Landmark Project - copy and paste the information from your citation, and the citation machine will format the data into the correct citation in both APA and MLA.
- Citation Styles
- Council of Science Editors Style
- DocsSite - Form for APA and MLA
- Knight Cite APA - formats citation information into APA format.
- Knight Cite MLA - formats citation information into MLA format.
- Uncle Sam - Brief Guide to Citing Government Publications
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation