Librarians assist in the design and development of research strategies and in identifying and locating appropriate materials for research topics. Librarians are available for individual assistance by appointment or during the Library's Reference Hours. For information, call 541-552-6442 or contact Jim Rible at 541-552-6821 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Information Literacy and Instruction
The Hannon Library provides instruction and assistance in using the Hannon Library and library resources and databases through the Library Instruction and Guides web site. The introductory page includes a basic guide to research. There are also links to Research Pages by Subject and Self-paced Instruction for the Colloquium and Writing students.
- Southern Oregon University Students
- SOU students enrolled in Medford or Grants Pass classes may choose to pick up books at the Rogue Community College Library - Riverside Campus--205 S. Central, Medford--the Rogue Community College Library - Redwood Campus in Grants Pass--or the Table Rock Campus Learning Resource Center in White City. You must specify your pick-up location when you request materials.
- For books not held by the Hannon Library but available in other Summit Orbis Cascade libraries, SOU enrolled students may make direct loan requests within Summit. Designate the pick-up location when you make your request.
- Note: Summit materials sent to Medford, Grants Pass, and White City must be returned in time to be sent to the Hannon Library in Ashland by the due date, so please return items 2 days prior to the listed due date to avoid overdue charges.
- Rogue Community College Students:
- Rogue Community College students registered for at least one credit and RCC staff may electronically request circulating materials owned by the Hannon Library.
- When using the SOU Catalog to request an item follow these steps:
- Perform search
- From the item record click on “Request books from off campus”
- Enter your name: First and last name
- Enter your SOU network login name: 003845892 (put two zeros in front of your 7 digit RCC id#)
- Enter a password. The password needs to be a 6 – 12 digit alpha-numeric password. Example: password12 (case sensitive)
- These items may be picked up and returned at the Rogue Community College Library - Riverside Campus--205 S. Central, Medford--the Rogue Community College Library - Redwood Campus in Grants Pass--or the Table Rock Campus Learning Resource Center in White City.
- For material not available from the Hannon Library, Rogue
Community College students and staff must initiate their
requests for borrowing through their own libraries.