Margery Bailey Renaissance Collection
The Margery Bailey Renaissance Collection on the Second Floor of the
Hannon Library has a wide range of Shakespearean works and criticism and
other materials from the Renaissance period.
The Margery Bailey Renaissance Collection is a collection of the
- Shakespeare plays in various editions
- Shakespeare criticism and commentary from the seventeenth century
to the present
- Reference works about Shakespeare
- Publications and production histories from the Oregon Shakespeare
- Technical aspects such as sets, costuming, and props
- Programs and promotional material
- Special Collection artifacts such as the Shakespeare folios
of 1632 and 1685, Beaumont and Fletcher folios of 1647 and 1679,
and other publications that require special handling.
|Dr. Margery Bailey (1893-1963) established
the Bailey Collection of over 200 volumes from her personal
collection of books about the English Renaissance published
prior to 1750.
The Bailey Collection was transferred from the Ashland Public
Library to the Hannon Library in 1972 and has expanded to
more than 7000 volumes.
The Bailey Collection is accessible during the regular
Hannon Library Hours.
For special requests, go to the Reference Desk on the First
Direct inquiries about this page to Dale