Request from ILL
- Start your search using the library catalog (linked to on the Home Page under Find Books and Other Resources).
- Search by title, author, or keywords.
- Sign in to the catalog by clicking on the yellow bar at the top of your search results.
- When you find an item in the search results that you’d like to use, look for a link at the bottom of the entry, if you see an orange link that reads Check for available services or Request this item from other libraries, you can request from another library.
- If the item shows a green link Available at Hannon Library or View full text options, then we have the item in our collection and there is no need to request it through interlibrary loan.
- In the record, under "Get it from other locations,"" there will be two blue offer cards. There is one for physical copies and one for chapter/article requests. Click "Get It" to open the request form.
- Sign in using your SOU campus login credentials, and fill out the form.
- NOTE: if you want to order a specific item and cannot find it in the Hannon Library catalog, you can enter the citation information directly into the blank ILL request form.
- Make sure the mandatory fields marked with an asterisk are filled and write any notes or comments in the Notes field.
- Click Send Request to finish placing your request.
Loan, Arrival, & Hold Periods
Please limit your requests to what you can use during the loan period.
||Hold Shelf Period
|Books & Media
||42–112 days based on lending library
||Maximum of 5 downloads
- Items with a white Summit book-strap are eligible for a renewal of up-to 42 additional days; ILL items with a blue book-strap are not eligible for renewal. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about renewal eligibility.
- Overdue fines are $0.50 per day, per item, maximum $20.00.
- ILL items are subject to recall. Due dates may be shortened by the owning institution.
- Items are billed for replacement after 30 days overdue. Replacement costs are determined by the lending library and are non-refundable if returned after payment has been made to the lending library.
- Billed items are also assessed a non-refundable service charge of $15.00.
- If you need an item longer than the allotted loan period, return the item on time and place a new request. You are able to track the progress of your requests and loans by logging into your library account.
- Items with a white Summit book-strap may be returned at Hannon Library, Rogue Community College, or any Summit library. Items with a blue ILL book-strap may be returned at Hannon Library only.
- If you no longer need a requested item, you may cancel the request by logging into your Hannon Library account or by contacting email@example.com
- All interlibrary loan communication will be sent to your sou.edu email address.
Difficult Items to Borrow Through ILL
- Digital requests for more than one chapter of a book — if possible, request a physical item loan instead.
- Textbooks, popular fiction, new books
- Reference materials
- Genealogical materials
- Archival books and media
- Rare books
- Conference proceedings
- Certain dissertations
- Engineering standards